How to Enroll
On April 29, 2007, the Indiana General Assembly approved a state budget that prohibits state funding for public virtual charter schools, including the Indiana Virtual Charter School. While the Indiana Virtual Charter School Board of Trustees is deeply disappointed by the state legislature's decision, we are exploring all possible options for you and your family.
We understand that choosing the right education for your child is one of the most important decisions you will ever make and that the decision made by the state legislature creates uncertainty for you. Please note that during this time of uncertainty, we will continue to accept enrollment documentation for INVCS. However, we will not be contacting parents to follow up on missing documentation or to conduct placement conferences. Once we understand what, if any, education program we will be able to offer to you for next year, we will follow up with parents on paperwork and placement, if necessary. If we are unable to offer a program for your student next year and you would like your enrollment documentation returned to you, we will send it upon request.
Will your child be five years old by August 1, 2007? If yes, proceed to the next step.
Complete enrollment forms and fax documentation
After setting up a user account, fill out the online enrollment forms and send in the required documents. The online enrollment process will take you through these steps once you've set up a user account.
A. Set up a User Account
- In order to access the necessary forms and documentation, you'll need to set up a user account.
- If you already have an account, log in to our online enrollment site.
B. Complete enrollment forms and fax documentation to 866-612-1455.
- Once you are logged in, complete the necessary forms online, or download a paper version for mailing.
- Complete instructions on the necessary documents and the address to which to send these documents is provided both online and in our downloadable enrollment kit.
Administer placement tests
If you wish to enroll students in grades K-8, please have them take the placement tests for Math and Language Arts/English to determine the appropriate level to enroll them in.
- If not currently logged in, log in to your account.
- On the main Login page, click "Access Test" next to your child's name.
- Administer placement tests.
After you've completed the enrollment forms and administered the placement tests, a placement specialist will contact you to discuss your child's course level.
Get Started With Indiana Virtual Charter School
If your enrollment is complete by July 15, 2007, you will receive complete course materials about two weeks before the start of school. Later enrollments will receive materials two to three weeks after the date enrollment is approved. Early enrollment is encouraged to avoid delays in the start of school.